For Parents and Middle & High School Students
When: January 21, 2015 – 7:00 p.m. (Snow Date: January 22)
Where: Trumbull High School, 72 Strobel Road, Trumbull, CT 06611
FORUM PANEL PARTICIPANTS
College/Business Presenters: Expectations
Dr. Donald Gibson – Dean, Dolan School of Business, Fairfield University
Attorney Tom Tesoro – Human Resources Officer, Standard Motor Products, Long Island City, New York
Dr. Gary A. Cialfi – Superintendent, Trumbull Public Schools
TPS Presenters: Student Opportunities
Laura Alford – Social Studies Team Leader, Hillcrest Middle School
Gina Zuk – Math Instructional Specialist, Madison Middle School
Eric August – Mock Trial Team Advisor, Trumbull High School
Cathy Hilser – Guidance Department Chair, Trumbull High School
Ali Skelton – Guidance Counselor, Trumbull High School
THS Graduates: Student Experiences
Tyler Morin (THS Class of 2013) – Ohio State University, Class of 2016
Sara Neumann (THS Class of 2003) – George Washington University, Class of 2007, Senior Director, C. Fox Communications, Washington, D.C.
Dan Neumann – Executive Director, Trumbull Business-Education Initiative and Trumbull ACE Foundation
Colleges, Employers, Educators, and Educators discuss:
- What is college and career readiness?
- Why is it important for all students?
- How is the Trumbull Public School system preparing students?
- College and employer representatives define keys to success
- Teachers and students explain experiences in the classroom as well as with competitive academic teams
- Guidance Department representatives describe tools and programs to help prepare for students’ futures
- Trumbull High graduates share how their past has shaped their future
- Audience involvement: Questions and Answers